This "Journal Entry" contains information on commission work for Drake Tsui (Quirkilicious). The following will include commission status, prices, slots available, rules, contact info and other FAQ that may be required.
Format: Client name / Commission Type / Status
I have received payment from the client and they're as high on the list as they can possibly be.
Client has the option of paying beforehand to move up the list ahead of others that have not.
I have received the Client's note/email but I'm either too busy to give them a reply or debating whether or not I want to accept the commission.
The following only applies if my commission status is "Open" or if my "Active" slots are not full, if you still wish to wait for a commission you can obtain a "Reserve" slot, please see the FAQ for more information
1. Submit the form at the bottom of this journal and await for a reply.
2. Once your commission is reviewed, final price may be discussed (only applies to CG commissions)
3. Your commission will go on the "Slot List", which is essentially a line-up. Clients who have paid for their commission ahead of time have priority over those who choose to pay afterward.
4. (CG applicable only) A preliminary sketch of your commission will be sent to you once you're at the top of the slot list (Steps 4-5 are omitted if you get a "Sketch" commission).
5. (CG applicable only) I will need you to confirm the preliminary sketch before moving on to the final product of your commission. If the client fails to reply I will be forced to move on to others.
6. Client will receive a thumbnail-version of their final illustration to see if they want anything changed.
7. If everything goes according to plan, the final, full-size file of the illustration will be sent via MSN or Email once I've confirmed payment.
- All prices are in USD
- Prices all may vary based on character detail, be prepared to discuss
- Prices may also vary greatly based on background-work
- Additional characters in one illustration = +90%
< SKETCH >
Waist-up or Full body: $40
(Includes a copy of just the Lineart!)
< CG >
Waist-up or Full-body: $350+ (additional fees may apply due to image complexity)
- What form of payment do you accept?
PAYPAL, PAYPAL and more PAYPAL. That's it, sorry.
- How big are these illustrations and what file type are they?
File type is JPEG, and size varies greatly. I guess my standard would be 1700 x 2200 pixels (8.5'x11'' at 200 dpi, I also tend to work at 11'x17'' and 13'x19'' ), there's never a set size though. If there's a particular format you prefer let me know.
- How long does it take you to do a commission?
For the most part, it really, really depends on my current schedule so I highly suggest asking per commission if you're strained on time. I would like to mention that I work rather quickly so you won't be expecting a long wait if you're at the top of the slot-list.
- What sort of things can you illustrate?
Basically? Anything figure/character based. It's obvious I specialize in "pretty boys and girls" but I can go ahead and draw someone as disproportional as the Hulk if I wanted. I think its better to just fish through my gallery if you're still unsure though.
- How about backgrounds?
For the most part I avoid backgrounds in terms of environment-work. This is simply because I feel that my skills aren't adequate enough in the field. However, if its simple or if you're merely looking for a graphic background then I'd love to design one for you.
- Sex? Nudity?
No on the sex, yes on the nudity. I'm okay with flaunting of the human body but I'm really not up for drawing any kind of porn. Sorry.
- How may I use my commissioned work or vice versa?
For the most part, I'm okay with the client doing whatever they want with their commissioned illustration as long as I am given credit. Also, I won't reproduce/sell prints of said work if the client chooses for me not to.
- How do "Reserve Slots" work?
If my Active slot list is full or my commission status is "Closed" and you still want to wait in line for a commission for when I'm available then you can obtain a place in the "Reserve slot"
If I note you on the Reserve list when it's your turn and the client fails to reply in a timely manner, he/she may lose their place in line and will not have the right to redeem priority.
Below is the submission form, I check my DA regularly so noting would probably be the best way of entering these although I do check my email as well. MSN is the only instant messenger I use, go ahead and add me along with your note/email.
Please keep descriptions as short and efficient as possible (preferably in point form)
Email & PAYPAL: Dwakey@gmail.com
Sketch, Lineart or CG
Your name and contact info (DA, Email or MSN)
The name or title of the work, not mandatory.
Here you will provide a literal description of what you want your commissioned character to look like, of course, a visual reference would be great so throw links up as well.
If there's a certain personality, theme or feeling you want the illustration to show, let me know here.
For people who want something very specific. I can always come up with an idea based on the information filled above but if you had an idea that you would really like to be carried through, this is where it goes.