Trying to make time
Hey watchers, followers, whatever you guys want to call yourselves! Just wanted to drop in and give a little report on the front lines of my life :]
Work, work, work, I've been working! I know a lot of people say that when they don't update but I'm serious, here's exactly how much I'm juggling around:
- Urban Rivals (Character Concept art)
- Gameview Studios: Fatal Frontier (Character Concept Sketches/Lineart)
- DeNA Studios Canada: GI Joe project (Character Lineart)
- Mangamagazine.net: SIN (Sequential art)
- MADSOFT Games: Project Velyria (Character Concept art)
- Comicmania Customs: MtG variants (Character art)
- Other stuff: A book cover and a bunch of sketches
A lot of stuff yea? Well, not my point.
The thing is, I know something like 90% of you watch me for my pop-paintings which I really enjoy doing but being a freelancer I have great difficulty saying "no" to good paying jobs. As a result I just don't have that much time to go paint something for the fun of it these days.
However, it's no secret that I owe most of my success to the DA community & internet fandoms for giving me copious amounts of exposure during/coming out of Art College, getting a job came like a breeze! Doing pop paintings has always been kind of my way of giving back to you guys.
So bottom line is, I want to find more time to get back into it. Paintings of things I love, for people who love them. Yea? Okay.
Here's a link to a few sketches of initial ideas on Tumblr and here's to hoping I'm not a huge flake and actually get to them!