ART CONTEST INTRO
- I absolutely adore the stylization, and loving the vibrancy with the color choices. I've always planned to make Enyo an Anime/Manga/Gamer enthusiast so it's really cool to see her portrayed that way by someone else, I also appreciate the thought put into the Anime/Manga choices thrown in the illustration that reflect SIN as a series.
- The fire and ice motif between Kaden and Zerus as characters is something I always wanted to play with and here it's done cleverly with the carving and juggling. Also really appreciating the traditional media and duality approach with the composition!
- When designing Hideyoshi I took some inspiration from GITS's Batou who always had a thing for "classic cars", I really like the idea that Yoshi also has a thing for refurbishing outdated vehicles and appreciating their old school technlolgy. Also really dig the garage-lit atmosphere/textures, glow off the motorcycle and ruggedly-handsome thing he's got going there, hahaha!
- This super clever idea to the "hobby" approach encompassing various characters really grabbed my attention. The thought put into each video thumbnail really shows the reader's passion for the series and what they know about the characters. Excellent stuff!
To claim the cash portion of your rewards please email me with the address associated with the PAYPAL that you'd like to receive it! For the other portion I will contact you all individually but it might take awhile since I'm going on a trip to Australia in a couple of days for two weeks!
I was hoping to announce the winners to coincide with the release of Chapter 51, but it looks like I might have to work double time to make that happen... regardless winners will be announced tomorrow :]
If your submission is not in the submissions area at this point you probably haven't shared it on my Tapastic.com profile yet!
Deadline for the Art Contest is today, any stragglers better work it! :]
Hey guys! The deadline is quickly closing in and I'm having a few people ask for an extension and after much consideration based on submission turnout (scroll down to view what we have so far, btw!) I've decided to extend the contest for another month! As compensation to people who have already thrown in their entry I'll be adding an "Early Bird" Prize that only entries before May 7th are eligible to receive!
So keep them beautiful pieces of artwork coming!
There's a little more than a week left to submit your Artwork for the contest! The deadline will be the end of May 7th! Take a look at the submissions so far at the bottom to see what you're up against! ;]
Hey guys! The contest has been announced for almost exactly a month now, I hope you're all working hard on your submissions! My convention season has started so it looks like SIN will be sitting at 50 Chapters for a bit. With 1800 readers and growing I really hope the number of submissions exceeds the previous contest!
That said there are currently 4 submissions that you can check out in the bottom, good luck and most importantly have fun!
So it's been roughly a week since the contest was announced and I've already got 3 entries! Which is surprising considering last time I held one of these I didn't get a submission until like the last week before the deadline, hahaha! Anyway you can check them out in the "Submissions" section at the bottom.
I'll be attending three conventions in the next few weeks (Toronto Comicon, Emerald City Comic Con, and Fan Expo Vancouver) so if you'd like to pick up some art or rather LIMITED hard copies of SIN come by and visit! Also can't wait to see more submissions!
On another note, here is Kevin Libranda's first place entry from the 2012 contest!:
Incentive! All cash components are in USD and will be distributed via PAYPAL.
- An opportunity to visually design a character that will be in SIN!
- Sketch Commission
- Sketch Commission
- Draw ANY character(s) from SIN performing a "hobby" that you may think they would have (video games, cooking, reading etc.)
- I will be judging all applications based on both Concept and Technical Skill.
- All submissions may be uploaded on Deviantart or any external websites.
- All submissions MUST be shared on my Tapastic.com wall, making an account is easy and free!
- There will be a limit of 3 submissions per person.
- All submissions must be in before
May 7thextended to June 7th!
HOW TO SUBMIT
Send an email of your image attached to Dwakey@gmail.com
- Subject as "SIN Art Contest 2015"
- Artist Description: (Optional, talk about your work!)
- Tapastic Acc: (URL of your profile)
- Deviantart/External link: (Optional, URL of your submission)